I am an engineer by trade and total beauty obsessed by heart. And I just love to mix my 2 passions of technology and beauty. So much I learn day by day to share. Hope you enjoy! :)

Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Cleaning/Closet Organization

Photo credit: Who what wear

Its that time of year again when its best to spring clean.  I figured my closet is always the best start since I am looking to add some new spring/summer items to my wardrobe.  If I am adding some stuff in, might as well clean some old stuff out that is no longer being used.  While I am in total violation of all of the tips I am going to list below to closet organization, I plan to follow these guidelines to have a better well organized closet and better yet, keep it that way.

Closet Organization Tips:

1.  I saw this great quote on Instagram and I think it perfectly sums up how one should clean their closet.


2.  Bulkier items that would take up more space if hung such as sweaters, jeans, etc should be hung.  This can conserve a lot of space.  Plus in terms of sweaters, they maintain their shape more if they are folded rather than hung.

3.  Try to set up your closet in a way so that you can view everything.  Its my belief that people, especially women, get constantly caught up in the "so many clothes and nothing to wear" mode because we can't see everything in our closet.  What attracts me most in shopping and buying new things at stores is because everything is set up so nice and organized.  If our closets were set up this way, getting dressed would be that much more fun.  Plus after cleaning, you would get more use out of everything you own.

4. Try to organize by color, season, fit, pattern, etc.  This can help when getting dressed daily.  This may also help with shopping, if you are trying to add more variety in your closet, you can clearly see what colors, patterns, etc you are missing.

5.  Take dry cleaning clothes out of the plastic garment bags before placing in the closet.  That garment bag just makes the closet look bad.
 
And finally...
6.  Invest in some containers, hangers, dividers, etc. that will help better organize your closet. The container store, Target, Ikea and other places have great finds to help display everything in your closet.

What are some of your best closet organization tips?  What did you discover when you spring cleaned your closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment