I am an engineer by trade and total beauty obsessed by heart. And I just love to mix my 2 passions of technology and beauty. So much I learn day by day to share. Hope you enjoy! :)

Monday, April 8, 2013

IMATS NYC 2013



This past Saturday, April 6, 2013, I attended that International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS) in New York City.  I have been wanting to go to this for quite some time and am so excited that I went.  It was an amazing experience that I plan to have again.


I went with my friend Tish.  There is no other person I would have rather gone with.  We are like 2 peas in a pod and are obsessed with makeup and beauty.

There was so much cool stuff there.  One of the things I loved was the battle of the brushes which showcased the talent of many makeup artist students from around the world.










The talent showcased here was amazing and the winner shown above who created the fierce red look received a $1000 grand prize.


My favorite presentation was that from MUA Nicky Posley and his demo of the Temptu airbrush makeup system.  This is definitely something that I want to own one day.


His model was gorgeous and he did her makeup in no time.


I got a chance to meet some of my fave youtube beauty gurus while there.

Sunkissalba with her amazing curly hair.


Nicole Guerriero who had 100s of people literally running to see her.


JulieG who has great nail polish and was very sweet.  She stood the entire day to talk and take pics in heels.


This art took hours to do.  I had to take a pic of the almost completed look.

Not all the makeup was pretty, some of it was scary as hell.  This is one pic that represents that.

Now lets get to what I bought :-). I did a youtube haul video sharing what I bought.  It had to be put into 2 videos cause I talked too much, lol.

Part 1
Part 2

And some pics of the items...

The ardell lashes were 4 for $10 (other than the double up ones which were $5).





The luxury velour lashes (made of 100% mink) are the softest lashes ever.  They were $20 which is a steal from their original price.

These naked cosmetic pigments are the most vibrant pigments I have ever had.  They have no fillers, oils, wax, etc, just 100% oxidized mica.  So all you get is the pure color.  I picked up the tropical indulgence set.

The fantabulash adhesive strips for lashes has both an amazing background story and an amazing product.

Royal  and Langnickel was definitely the big sponsor of IMATS.  They had a very large booth with every makeup brush that you can think of.  I got the fan brush.

I was given this brush at the Cici makeup brush/tools booth.  Not only is the handle pink but the bristles are pink too.  How cute!

And my non makeup item was sparkling badge holder.  Can't wait to replace my regular work one.

All in all I had a terrific time and will definitely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment